Sunday 9 October 2011

Eating Out

Omnivores constantly ask me, "Isn't it hard to eat out?" And I always say no, because I usually go to places where I know my dietary choice is catered for. Well, this morning, the bf and I decided to have breakfast at Cumulus Inc. I thought it would be easy to find something, as Marieke Hardy touts Cumulus as the second best vegan eat in Melbourne.

Eh, I would respectfully have to disagree with her - at least as far as breakfast is concerned. The only thing I could eat on the menu was toast with jam ($8.80) or a watermelon salad minus the yoghurt ($12). I chose the toast. And it was great toast and awesome jam, but it's a little disconcerting when the wait staff has to look at the menu to figure out what's vegan and then recommends the honey granola minus yoghurt. For a place where a soy latte costs $4.75 that is not really acceptable.

Next time I might just stick with with overpriced (but very good!) coffee.




Cumulus Inc. on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment